Church biographical notes on contributors to this history

HUGH R BOUDIN
Dr Hugh Robert Boudin was born in Fife, Scotland of a Belgian father and Scottish mother. During 1939-1944 he attended the Royal Athenaeum in Ghent where he specialised in Latin and Greek humanities. By 1951 he obtained a degree in protestant theology at the Free Faculty of Theology at Lausanne. After a ministry in youth work, teaching and television, he was put in charge as rector of the Faculte universitaire de Theologie protestante de Bruxelles, having received in 1976 his doctorate in the History of Christianity at the Free University of Brussels. There he was appointed to the chair of Contemporary Christianity in 1985. Dr Boudin speaks English and French (naturally) together with Dutch, German and Swedish, the mother tongue of his wife Birgitta.

MARGARET FISHER
Margaret Fisher was a teacher for many years in London and Canterbury secondary schools. After a Diploma in Local History at the University of Kent, she took a postgraduate degree entitled 'The Walloon Strangers in Canterbury 1574–1640'. She occasionally lectures and leads tours in Canterbury on similar topics.

DENYS LE FEVRE
Denys Le Fevre showed an early talent for art when at the age of six he produced a series of drawings depicting the building of the great ocean liner, RMS Queen Mary. After studying briefly at Sir John Cass School of Art in London in 1946 his career was spent mainly outside the field of art although he was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. He moved into the field of fine art in 1984 and soon gained recognition. He has received commissions to produce work for HM the Queen and other members of the British Royal family and his work now hangs in public and private collections throughout the world.

ANNE M OAKLEY
Anne Oakley has lived in Canterbury for nearly 40 years. Between 1970 and 1989 she was cathedral, city and diocesan Archivist in Canterbury serving thereafter as the Senior Research Archivist until 2000. Miss Oakley first encountered the 'Stranger' congregation of London when she edited a volume of the Threadneedle Street Church 'actes'. Established in Canterbury, she extended this interest by writing about the local congregation and in 1985, she devised and produced an exhibition in the cathedral's Chapter House to commemorate the third centenary of the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes. Since then, as a long-term member of our congregation, Miss Oakley has mounted several summer exhibitions in the chapel.

MICHAEL H PETERS
Michael H Peters is a native of east Kent, and was educated in Canterbury. He spent nearly all his working life as an auctioneer, surveyor, land and estate agent in Sittingbourne in the building where he was born. Mr Peters became secretary of the church of his Walloon ancestors in 1989, some years after his son was baptised here, while attending the King's School.